Here is a short list of pros and cons of New Construction home purchases. If you would like more information on how to buy new construction or build a custom home, give us a call!
PROS OF NEW CONSTRUCTION
- Custom-fit: Customizing your new home is the biggest pros of building new construction. It gives you the chance to design almost every inch of space to meet your needs.
- Squeaky clean: Moving into a new home knowing that no one has ever lived there is an amazing feeling — plus, major systems and appliances won’t need replacing anytime soon.
- No reno: When you build or buy new construction, there’s no need for updating because your home will be on trend with materials, colors, and design from day one.
- Builder warranties and financing incentives: Many builder warranties will cover anything that happens to the home within two years of the date of purchase.
CONS OF NEW CONSTRUCTION
- Cost: All that custom stuff? Yeah, it’s gonna come with a price. On average, it costs around 20% more to have a new home built than to buy an existing one.
- Limited options: Unless you build a 100% custom home, you may be limited in your design, floor plan, and finishing options.
- Fluid sticker price: Because of delays, change orders, and added costs, it’s hard to know how much your new home will cost until the welcome mat is out.
- Timeline: You can be kicking your feet up in an existing home in as little as 30-45 days. New construction? Stretch that timeline out to at least 3-12 months.
Like to continue the conversation or tour some new construction communities around here? Give me a call at 503-740-2194