Buyers Agent Portland
Southeast Portland Oregon
Discover the section of Southeast Portland
About Southeast Portland
Southeast Portland stretches from the warehouses along the Willamette River through historic Ladd’s Addition, to the Hawthorne and Belmont districts out to Gresham. Southeast Portland has blue-collar roots and has evolved to encompass a wide mix of backgrounds.
The Hawthorne district in particular is known for its hippie/radical crowd and small subculturally oriented shops. Not far away from the Hawthorne Distrct is Reed College, whose campus expands from Woodstock Boulevard to Steele Street, and from the 28th to the 39th Avenues.
Between the 1920s and the 1960s, Southeast Portland was home to Lambert Gardens. This area also features Mt. Tabor, a cinder cone volcano that has become one of Portland’s more scenic and popular parks.
Southeast Portland is comprisesd of eight Zip Codes:
Local Theatre Venues in Southeast Portland
- Academy Theater: Opened in 1948, the Montavilla neighborhood theater closed in the 1970s and fell into disrepair. After an extensive renovation, it reopened in 2006.
- Avalon Theater: The Avalon opened in the 1920s as the Sunnyside Theatre. It was renamed the Avalon in 1935.
- Bagdad Theater and Pub Universal Pictures built the Bagdad, now part of the local McMenamins chain, in 1927 for $100,000. In 1975, it hosted the Oregon premiere of “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” with Jack Nicholson, Louise Fletcher and Michael Douglas.
- The Clinton Street Theater, opened in 1915, is the city’s oldest operating theater. It’s best known for showing cult classic “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” every Saturday at midnight since 1978. The theater says it’s the longest-running “Rocky Horror” in the world.
- The Laurelhurst Art Deco theater was built in 1923 and almost met its demise during the multiplex-dominated 1980s. In 2000, the theater was renovated into a theater/pub and now features four theaters.
- Moreland Theater: The Moorish-style theater opened in 1926. The theater shows first-run movies and retains a devoted neighborhood following.
Southeast Portland Distinct Neighborhoods
Each of the Five Quadrants making up the district Portland Neighborhoods offer neighborhoods unique unto themselves. The neighborhoods in Southeast Portland include:
Homes for Sale in Southeast Portland
Let’s Explore the Five Quadrants of Portland Metro
Moving to Portland, Oregon?
Make your move feel easy & stress free by partnering with Portland local market experts like us.
All Buyers Agent Portland clients receive a complimentary relocation package!
Fill out the form below to learn more.
Not quite ready to make the move to Portland?
Click here to Be added to our newsletter to stay up to date for when you are ready!
Planning to buy a home in the Portland Metro area?
Planning to buy? Set up your FREE One-Hour no obligation real estate consultation today!
Click Here to Leave More Details About Your Dream Home
Having an agent that focuses on fiduciary vs functionary representation is a game changer in buying real estate. ~ Anne Stewart
Helping home Buyers in the following counties: Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Yamhill and Marion
Powered by Stewart Real Estate Group at eXp Realty LLC
Buyer Focused — Buyer Results
Anne Stewart-Principal Broker, operates an elite team of real estate professionals designed to focus on Buyer Representation
Resulting in superior customer care and exemplary client services.
Moving to Portland and need to get acclimated? Want to see a home that checks all the boxes? Our level of Buyer Agency and Buyer Representation is what you need in a real estate professional! We help you navigate the home buying process step-by-step with care, attention to detail and professionalism that is not easily found in the real estate industry.
The Stewart Real Estate Group at eXp Realty LLC are a team of experts in buyer representation. And that’s what you want!
We are here to represent your best interests in the purchase of real estate. Relocation, Residential, new construction, Land/Lots, condos/townhomes, Move up/Move down,
Since 2001, our team has over six decades of combined experience. Have a real estate agent whose real estate practice has PROVEN RESULTS!
- Expert negotiators
- Experienced real estate professionals
- Designing unique approaches to represent you in buying property EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!