BUYERS AGENT PORTLAND
Discover the Portland suburb of Sherwood
Real Estate in Sherwood Oregon
Sherwood is a city in Washington County. Located in the southeast corner of the county, it is a residential community in the Tualatin Valley, southwest of Portland. Sherwood was first incorporated in 1893 as a town. Originally named Smockville after its founder, James Christopher Smock, the town was given its current name by local businessman Robert Alexander in 1891, who likely named it after his hometown of Sherwood, Michigan.
Real Estate in Sherwood Oregon offers lots of home styles, acreage properties, and safe neighborhoods. Homes range from older well kept ranch style and two story homes to luxury estates on acreage. Old Town Sherwood is a cute historic district with more modern shops and restaurants added over time. Most of the neighborhoods have been built from the 90s to now. Vineyards, Farms and Equestrian properties line the outer perimeter of Sherwood.
Why Sherwood is an Amazing Place to Live:
- Sherwood is right on the edge of Wine Country and just minutes away from award winning wineries with some of the best Pinot Nior and Pinot Gris option in the world.
- It is home to both the Sherwood Robin Hood Festival in Old Town Sherwood with medieval reenactments and the Crusin’ Classic Car Show.
- The town is full of great parks with athletic fields, playgrounds and walking trails plus tons of outdoor activities at Magness Tree farm and Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge.
- Sherwood has award winning schools and is rated in the top 10 towns to raise a family in Oregon.
- It’s close to the Coast! An hour and half drive drops you into Lincoln City, one of the best beach towns in Oregon
- It’s an easy commute to the Silicon Forest – including Intel and a straight shot up I5 to Portland.
Search Homes for Sale in Sherwood
Moving to Portland, Oregon?
Make your move feel easy & stress free by partnering with Portland local market experts like us.
All Buyers Agent Portland clients receive a complimentary relocation package!
Fill out the form below to learn more.
Not quite ready to make the move to Portland?
Click on the below button added to our newsletter to stay up to date for when you are ready!