Buyers Agent Portland
Learn about & search for up to date homes for sale in Downtown Portland
Downtown Portland Oregon is the life blood of the city. It’s home to many of the famed areas that the Portland Metro is known for and always offers something to do no matter the day.
When it comes to living spaces, Downtown Portland, as with any downtown area, are zoned as “urban” & “high density”. High rises and condos comprise the immediate Downtown Portland real estate market. For those Buyers that want to “live where they work,” avoid commutes, enjoy the local Downtown amenities, Downtown is an excellent place to consider buying a home.
The immediate “Downtown” neighborhood has condos for sale with a price spread to well above the millions for luxury condo units.
Downtown Portland Condos fall into two categories:
- New (or newer) construction, built specifically as high rise condo developments. OR . . .
- Condo units in condo conversions of existing buildings, many of which are on the local Historical Registry.
Condo Complexes in the Downtown Portland Market:
- The Mosiac – Built in 2003 in the urban-trend of townhome-style (2 story) lofts. Located at the corner of SW 11th and Columbia. Units feature floor to ceiling windows, hardwood floors, classy stainless steel appliances, and Penthouses (with deeded parking).
- Fountain Plaza / Koin Tower – The Fountain Plaza Condominiums occupy Floors 20 through 31 above KOIN TV Studios, shopping and restaurants.
- Portland Plaza – Built in 1973, the Portland Plaza was nicknamed “The Norelco Building” because the silver/black facade and rounded triangular tower looks like an electric razor. The Portland Plaza is a high-rise condo complex and has a height of 272 feet and contains 25 floors.
- Roosevelt Tower – Built in 2004, this 21 Floor high-rise is located at 934 SW Salmon St.
- The Ambassador – Built in 1922 in the Tudor Revival architectural style, The Ambassador was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
- American Plaza – The Grant, Lincoln and Madison make up the three distinct, award-winning buildings of the Amercan Plaza.
- The Civic – Built in 2006 is a sixteen story condo tower located directly across from Providence Park and the MAX station. The are 9 penthouse suites, 56 2-bedroom units and 196 1- bedroom lofts. There is underground parking.
- The Benson Tower – Built in 2007, this 250 foot residential high-riser has 26 floors and features 58 single bedroom condominiums, 92 two bedroom condominiums and 6 penthouses.
- University Park – Located near the PSU Campus, University Park (1500 SW Park Ave.) is central to Downtown, farmers markets and cultural events.
- Eliot Tower – A PERFECT walk score of 100. Located in the heart of Downtown Portland, the Eliot Tower is a high-rise building with 223 premier condos dedicated to the memory of Thomas Lamb Eliot an Oregon pioneer.
- The Legends – Built in 1997, The Legends lives like a self-contained village in the heart of Downtown. An oasis with amenities such as: 24 hr concierge, gym, theater, restaurant, library, game/meeting rooms & more.
- Riverplace – Situated on 73 acres of undeveloped waterfront space, a nationwide design competition in 1983 resulted in the current Riverplace area, including condos, a hotel, retail, restaurants, marina and athletic club.
- The Strand – The Strand has 189 condos and 27 two-story townhomes. The building units comprise three condominium towers, two with 11 floors and one with 13.
Downtown Portland Real Estate & Condos for sale in Downtown Portland
Input IDX listings here
Things to Do in Downtown Portland
Sites of Interest
- Pioneer Courthouse Square
- Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- Keller Auditorium
- Keller Fountain Park
- Portland Art Museum
- Portland State University
- Oregon Historical Society
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park
- Portland Farmers Markets
- Restaurants located in Downtown Portland
Downtown Portland Real Estate FACTS:
- Located in Multnomah County
- Feeder Schools
- Champman Elementary
- East/West Sylvan Middle School
- Lincoln High School
- Owned Property 8%
- Rented Property 92%
To keep up-to-date on the Urban Growth of the Downtown Portland, and surrounding areas, please visit:
- Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Portland Development Commission
Let’s Explore the Five Quadrants of Portland Metro
The Portland Metro area is comprised of five key Portland sections:
Outside of the main sections of Portland are two areas of surrounding suburbs. We've categorized them into:
Moving to Portland, Oregon?
Make your move feel easy & stress free by partnering with Portland local market experts like us.
All Buyers Agent Portland clients receive a complimentary relocation package!
Fill out the form below to learn more.
Not quite ready to make the move to Portland?
Click here to Be added to our newsletter to stay up to date for when you are ready!
Planning to buy a home in the Portland Metro area?
Planning to buy? Set up your FREE One-Hour no obligation real estate consultation today!
Click Here to Leave More Details About Your Dream Home
Having an agent that focuses on fiduciary vs functionary representation is a game changer in buying real estate. ~ Anne Stewart
Helping home Buyers in the following counties: Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Yamhill and Marion
Anne Stewart – Principal Broker/Oregon Licensed ABR, GRI, CRS, e-PRO
Stewart Real Estate Group
Powered by Stewart Real Estate Group at eXp Realty LLC
Buyer Focused — Buyer Results
Anne Stewart-Principal Broker, operates an elite team of real estate professionals designed to focus on Buyer Representation
Resulting in superior customer care and exemplary client services.
Moving to Portland and need to get acclimated? Want to see a home that checks all the boxes? Our level of Buyer Agency and Buyer Representation is what you need in a real estate professional! We help you navigate the home buying process step-by-step with care, attention to detail and professionalism that is not easily found in the real estate industry.
The Stewart Real Estate Group at eXp Realty LLC are a team of experts in buyer representation. And that’s what you want!
We are here to represent your best interests in the purchase of real estate. Relocation, Residential, new construction, Land/Lots, condos/townhomes, Move up/Move down,
Since 2001, our team has over six decades of combined experience. Have a real estate agent whose real estate practice has PROVEN RESULTS!
- Expert negotiators
- Experienced real estate professionals
- Designing unique approaches to represent you in buying property EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!